The Current State of the World of Glass Art
For its 14th exhibition, the International Exhibition of Glass Kanazawa 2019, received 357 entries from 39 nations and regions. At the Preliminary Assessment held on April 16th 2019, 61 works from 16 nations were selected. For the exhibition, 54 works from 15 nations were sent to the Executive committee. At the Final Assessment, held on June 27th 2019, 17 prize winners were selected.
The following day, the Special Symposium was held. The Executive committee announced the result of the Final Assessment and the members of the Final Assessment Panel gave their comments on the prize winners.
In addition, the panelists discussed their thoughts on the future of glass art.
Date and Time:
June 28th, 2019
10:00 am~12:00 noon
New Building, Ishikawa Industrial Center
- Atsushi TAKEDA
- (Japan) Visiting Professor of Tama Art University Art Critic
- Bodil BUSK LAURSEN
- (Denmark) Glass Critic, Chairperson of Hempel Glass Museum, Former Director of Designmuseum Denmark
- Yan ZORITCHAK
- (France) Glass Artist
- Jay MUSLER
- (United States of America) Glass Artist
- Jun FUJITA
- (Japan) Glass Artist, Meritorious member of Japan Glass Artcrafts Association
- Susumu FUJIHARA
- (Japan) Deputy Chairperson of the Executive Committee of The International Exhibition of Glass Kanazawa, Managing Director of the Design Center Ishikawa
Yoshiko HAYAKAWA(English)／ Cécile ANDRIEU KAWAKAMI (French)